The Reviews feature allows you to post reviews or comments on any products. You'll see the Reviews section at the bottom of any products.
If you are posting a comment, you need to make sure your post is on-topic for that particular product and it follows the review guidelines below. Reviews may be removed if they do not meet these guidelines.
If you are posting a review, tick the box next to "My comment is a review" before you submit. You can be notified of replies to a review or comment by ticking the box next to "Notify Me". Once you have posted a review or comment, you will see it appear on the page.
- Reply - Allows you to reply to a review or comment.
- Notify Me - You can be notified of replies to a review or comment.
- Helpful - This option is greyed out on your own
reviews or comments, but other users can use it to state they found your review or comment helpful. This feedback will be registered on the
review or comment, and may be used to filter or display the reviews and
comments at a later date.
- Edit - Allows you to edit your review or comment.
- Report - If you see a review that doesn't meet our
guidelines, is abusive, or you have written a review yourself that you
want to remove, please report it. You can report inappropriate reviews
or comments by clicking the downwards-pointing arrow next to the review
or comment. Please give a full reason for the removal.
Your review should relate directly to the page of the product you are reviewing. Try to compose your review so that it will be interesting to read, and permanently valid.
- The review should contain a reasonable amount of information about the subject. As a rough guide, a couple of informed sentences is the minimum, the maximum depends on the quality of the writing i.e. if you are going to write three paragraphs, please make them well written, informative, and interesting.
- All information should be as accurate as possible.
- Reviews must be written in reasonably clear English or Malay. Before submitting, check your review for proper capitalization, bad spelling/grammar and lack of punctuation. Be careful with capitalization (don't use A.B.C, use ABC) and ellipses (don't use three periods in a row ..., use the proper ellipse character …).
- Try to keep the length sensible. One line reviews and "this is the best record ever" should be avoided.
- If you feel that you must address reviews made by other users, you
must ensure that it can stand alone and would make sense if the previous review was removed. You do this when:
- You do not quote another user.
- You do not directly refer to or mention another review.
It is possible to agree with, counter, elaborate on etc. the content of reviews made by other users without directly referring to them. Remember that occasionally reviews are deleted for a variety of reasons, so referring to another review may one day invalidate the content of your own review.
- Be aware that the review submission box automatically word wraps your text, so you do not need to place line breaks unless forming a new paragraph. Use paragraph spacing to improve the readability of your review.
- Some of these rules are subjective. Use your judgment alongside these guidelines. Take your time and try to submit a review that other users will find informative and easy to read.
You shouldn't include the following:
- This form is NOT to be used to correct any
information held in the database. Corrections to the database should be
submitted via the "Feedback" form on the relevant page or email.
- Unconfirmed rumours, slander etc. will not be allowed.
- The review should be free of any material that is subject to Copyright (material for which the author / owner has not given their permission to be published on myHarakah Bazaar).
- Cut-and-pasted reviews from other sites will not be accepted, even if the original source is credited. Reviews should add some unique value to myHarakah Bazaar.
- Do not use reviews to ask for information or to solicit responses from other users. Spam of any kind is not allowed in reviews.
- Do not include URLs or email addresses in your reviews - these may become invalid over time and also make the review look ugly.
- Do not refer to future events/products that will (once they have happened, or indeed failed to happen) invalidate the content of your review.
- Do not review on a product's rating, as this may change over time and invalidate the content of your review (also, there is no need for you to include a rating score in the review. Ratings can be viewed by using the links provided on product pages).
- Do not sign and/or date your reviews. Both your user name and the date of your review will be displayed.
- Do not paste the same review to multiple versions of the same product. Only enter your review once (to the version that you own or are reviewing).
- No HTML or forum style coding is allowed.